2013 Landmark Classic Campdraft Sale - 8th-10th February
Media Release - 18 February 2013
Catalogue now available. Click below to browse the catalogue or download here (pdf).
Charity Profile –
Children’s Hospital Foundations Australia is the national fundraising partnership of 5 children’s hospitals, dedicated to excellence in children’s health.
- Children’s Hospital Foundations Australia partners:
- Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation, WA
- Children’s Health Foundation, QLD
- Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation, VIC
- Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation, NSW
- Women’s & Children’s Hospital Foundation, SA
Funds raised nationally by Children’s Hospital Foundations Australia are divided equally between the five partners and are directed into the key areas.
Together our hospitals form the major, non-government funding bodies for clinical research, fund life-saving, state-of-the-art equipment and vital patient/family hospital services in our five children’s hospitals that otherwise would not exist.
Our hospitals will treat and care for over 1.2 million children each year, on average 300 children will be admitted per day to one of our hospitals, and around 3,000 clinical services will be carried out a day.
Over 70% of patients admitted to one our children’s hospitals will travel from a regional area and can stay up to as long as 6-12 months in hospital to be treated.
By choosing to support Children’s Hospital Foundations Australia you are actively supporting the wonderful work carried out every day to treat and care for sick and injured children in our hospitals across the country.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
19 Eurimbla Avenue (Locked Bag 2005)
Randwick NSW 2031, Australia
T 02 9382 1188 F 02 9382 0072
ABN 72 003 073 185
Landmark Classic Sale 6
With spring just around the corner, it will be no time until we open entries for the 2013 Landmark Classic Campdraft & Sale. Our 2013 event is already shaping up to be a fantastic event with the introduction of a new Australian Performance Horse Challenge to be added to the program along with an increase in prize money for the Landmark Classic Campdraft, going from $70,000 to $80,000.
Sale horse entries continue to be one of our major challenges each year, with more than double the manageable number received in last years nominations. With that in mind we will be implementing the following guidelines to assist in the entry process for the forthcoming year.
CLASSIC SALE HORSE ENTRIES:
- Entries will open on Monday 3rd September 2012 & remain open until Monday 10th September 2012. All entries must be POST MARKED within these dates to be accepted.
- Any entry POST MARKED prior to or after these dates will be returned. Likewise NO entries will be accepted either in person, via fax or email before or after these dates.
- Vendors who have sold at a minimum of four of the past five sales will be invited to enter up to four (4) horses for sale.
- All other entries will be considered based on the date POST MARKED on the entries, the performance of the nominated lots, breeding and owner’s prior support for the sale. Whilst you may enter up two (2) horses, please ensure that horses are nominated in order of preference as all lots may not be accepted in order to best manage the number of entries in to the sale.
- ALL entries must be accompanied with full payment with any unpaid nominations returned.
- ALL nominations MUST BE FULLY REGISTERED at the time of nomination, with no pending registrations accepted. Unregistered nominations will be returned.
- PLEASE NOTE any horses that have changed ownership after 1st July 2012 will not be accepted in to the sale.
- Horses nominated in additional family entities will be placed on a waiting list. These additional entries will then only be considered where sale space permits.
- Once the sale catalogue goes to print (expected 1st November 2012). NO REFUNDS will be given.
- Sale entries will be available online from Monday 13th August 2012 at www.landmark-classic.com.au
- Trainers & people preparing horses for multiple vendors are encouraged to contact the selling agents prior to entries opening in order to best assist those customers who intend to send horses away for pre sale preparation.
AUSTRALIAN PERFORMANCE HORSE CHALLENGE:
After much feedback from many of our customers we are pleased to announce the inclusion of a challenge for the 2013 event. The challenge will run over two full rounds with a final, with round 1 to be a pre advertised dry working pattern that will take place in the AELEC indoor arena.
The round 1 dry pattern is planned to become a standard one for each year allowing competitors to train for this as well as a standard finals pattern annually. This first year’s pattern will be reviewed after the event and confirmed prior to the running of the 2014 challenge.
Round 2 of the challenge will be an indoor working cow event, with a standard pattern for both the round and the final. All finalists will then complete the dry work & immediately follow on and complete their cow work section in draw order allowing each competitor to complete both finals patterns in a finals event.
- Entry is open to any horse that remains five (5) years or younger at the time of the competition, (based on the horses birthday 1st August each year).
- Horses must remain in the ownership of the entity that purchased the horse from a previous Landmark Classic Sale. Change of ownership will disqualify horses from being eligible for the event.
- Horses may be ridden by any nominated rider, with the same rider to compete in all rounds of the competition.
- Entry fee for the 2013 inaugural challenge will be $220 (inc). With a guaranteed $20,000 prize money plus trophies on offer for the event.
- Entry forms and full details of the competition including patterns will be available on the website www.landmark-classic.com.au from the 13th August 2012.
LANDMARK CLASSIC 2013
As I mentioned at the start of the letter Landmark have decided to increase the prize pool for the Classic to $80,000, ensuring the Classic first prize purse now of $35,000 remains the richest prize on offer in our sport of campdrafting.
With this increase and the introduction of the challenge, the 2013 Classic competition prize pool will look like this:
LANDMARK CLASSIC PROGRAM:
With the addition of the new challenge to the 2013 event our program is expected to run as follows, bearing in mind the final program will be adjusted to accommodate the variation in numbers for sale as well as in each of the competitions:
Again we are looking forward to working with you all at next year’s event and if we can be of any assistance please contact us any time.
Mark Barton 0419 488 256
National Commercial Manager – Livestock
EQUINE SALES TEAM:
|Mark Haywood 0417 467 911||Amanda Nicholson 0428 658 395|
|Joel Fleming 0467 725 195||Andrew Wishart 0407 424 706|
Landmark Classic Sale Catalogue Advertising Booking Form
Book your space in our 2013 Landmark Classic Sale Catalogue early to avoid disappointment. Our sale catalogues are real collectors items and are distributed to 3,000 plus clients with interests in the equine and rural industries throughout Australia. Our advertising prices are very cost effective and this is a great way to market your business!